For the martini connoisseur that spurns tradition and laughs in the face of conformity, the vodka martini is an excellent alternative to the classic gin-based concoction. How can you make the perfect vodka martini? Simply follow these steps:
- A shaker or cocktail mixing glass
- A bar spoon (or teaspoon)
- A strainer
- Cocktail glass
- 50 ml The Alpinist Swiss Premium Vodka
- 10 ml Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth
- To garnish: lemon peel
- Chill your cocktail glass in the freezer or with ice (the easiest way is to fill it with ice).
- Add the Ice to your mixing glass or shaker.
- Add the Vodka & Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth.
- Stir the mixture for about 30 seconds to chill and dilute the drink, then strain into the chilled cocktail glass.
- Express lemon peel gently over the cocktail, so it’s perfumed with the citric oils. You can also rub it along the rim of the glass.
- Garnish the drink with a twist of lemon peel.
To make the lemon twist, cut a long piece of zest (around 8 to 10 cm), and twist it in a spiral.
- Rest your spiral on the rim of the glass or drop it in and serve.