The Cosmopolitan, popularized by Sex and the City, is a fun and fruity cocktail. Our simple recipe is brought to life by its flaming garnish. Try it out and let us know what you think!
On the occasion of Pride Month, we have colored the water with food coloring and gradually frozen it directly in the glass.
- 50 ml The Alpinist Swiss Premium Vodka
- 25 ml Orange Liqueur (We used Cointreau Orange Liqueur)
- 25 ml Cranberry juice
- 25 ml Lime juice (half a lime)
- For the garnish: 1 orange; only the peel will be used
- Cool your cocktail glass in the freezer or using ice (the easiest method is to fill it with ice).
- Add the vodka, orange liqueur, cranberry juice, and lime juice into your shaker.
- Fill your shakier with ice and shake it vigorously for about 10-20 seconds.
- Empty the ice from the glass and strain the mixture into the cooled cocktail glass.
- Cut off a piece of orange peel with a peeler or a knife; it should be thick enough for you to grab and squeeze it well with your fingers. Make sure that you do not bend it yet.
- Flambé the orange peel: Hold the piece of orange peel between your finger and thumb over the glass and carefully heat it with a lighter for about 20 seconds.
- Then bend the peel to make it pour oil on the lit lighter, which will light a flame that will land on the drink’s surface. Afterwards, place the peel in the drink.