- A shaker or cocktail mixing glass
- A bar spoon (or teaspoon)
- A strainer
- Cocktail glass
- 50 ml The Alpinist Swiss Premium Dry Gin
- 10 ml Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth
- To garnish: Gordal olives or lemon peel
- Chill your cocktail glass in the freezer or with ice (the easiest way is to fill it with ice).
- Add the Ice to your mixing glass or shaker.
- Add the Gin & Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth.
- Stir the mixture for about 30 seconds to chill and dilute the drink, then strain into the chilled cocktail glass.
- If you're using lemon peel (for Olive skip to step 8): Express lemon peel gently over the cocktail, so it’s perfumed with the citric oils. You can also rub it along the rim of the glass.
- Garnish the drink with a twist of lemon peel.
To make the lemon twist, cut a long piece of zest (around 8 to 10 cm), and twist it in a spiral.
- Rest your spiral on the rim of the glass or drop it in and serve.
- If you're using olives: Add one or two Gordal olives and serve. (This olive kind has a naturally low oil content, which is perfect for martinis.)