The Blackberry Bash is a different spin on the classic Bramble cocktail created by Dick Bradsell in the 1980s in London. Our adaptation comes with mashed up berries that give the drink an added fruity kick. Please give it a go and let us know what you think. It's super tasty!
- 45 ml The Alpinist Swiss Premium Dry Gin
- 22.5 ml fresh lemon juice
- 15 ml 1:1 sugar syrup
- 30 ml Crème de Mûres (We used Giffard Crème de Mûres 70cl)
- About four berries to muddle up, we used two Blackberries and two Raspberries
- Crushed Ice
- To garnish: Blackberries, Raspberries (or whatever you have at hand)
- Chill your cocktail glass in the freezer or with ice (the easiest way is to fill it with ice).
- In your cocktail mixing glass, muddle the berries.
- Add gin, lemon juice, sugar syrup, and 15 ml Crème de Mûres to your mixing glass and stir well.
- If you haven't done so already, fill up half your glass with crushed ice.
- Pour your mixture over the crushed ice, without straining it.
- Top up glass with crushed ice and add the other 15 ml Crème de Mûres.
- Garnish with some Blackberries and Raspberries or whatever you have at hand.
Recipe for Simple Syrup
- 125 g sugar
- 125 ml hot water
Combine sugar and water in a medium bowl. Stir with a spatula to dissolve sugar completely. Transfer to glass bottle and reserve in refrigerator.